National Capital Chapter 70 - Ottawa, Canada
Barry Allison - QCWA# 35330
Born and raised in Peterborough Ontario.
- 1968 - graduated high school
- 1972 – graduated Ryerson Polytechnical Institute (now Ryerson University) as an Electronic Technologist, Electronics major.
- 1972-1976 – Canadian Motorola - Toronto during and after graduation
- 1976-1977 – Canadian Motorola – Edmonton.
- 1977-2010 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police – Ottawa focused on the design of mobile radio communication systems for public safety.
- The main thrust with the RCMP was designing VHF FM communications systems in various provinces and territories in Canada concluding with the largest North American P25 encrypted communications system for public safety, in the province of Saskatchewan.
- 2010 - retired from the RCMP
Amateur Radio History
- 1972 - first licensed in Toronto as VE3CUE (a very good CW call)
- 1977 – VE6BGA in Edmonton
- 1981 – VE3NJK. Have Advanced Certificate.
Have rovered for the VHF contests, operate HF and I like to build circuitry and antennas. Outside the amateur radio I like to work with wood and I do a
fair amount of auto mechanics.
Life Member of QCWA. Received 40 Year pin at the November 2011 dinner meeting. Also hold memberships in RAC and OARC.