National Capital Chapter 70 - Ottawa, Canada
Wayne Getchell - QCWA# 33556
Grew up in Sudbury, Sault Ste Marie, and the Niagara Peninsula.
Education / Employment History
- 1970 – Ryerson Polytechnical Institute (Toronto). Graduated as Electronic Engineering Technologist.
- 1970-1975 - Microsystems International (Ottawa) Integrated Circuit product support & design, cost reductions for a variety bipolar analog integrated circuits.
- 1975-1993 – Bell Northern Research (Ottawa). IC designer progressing to Senior Manager. Led groups designing custom telecom IC’s for communications. This included
defining & employing new Bipolar and BiCMOS technologies and leveraged existing CMOS technology promoting Digital Signal Processing.
- 1994-2001 – Nortel Research and Development (Ottawa). Director for several progressively larger groups including in-building wireless, digital wireline high speed access,
and local internet architecture teams delivering hardware, software, and architecture solutions for the telecom industry.
- 2001-2003 - Cogency Semiconductor - VP R&D - Grew a diverse technical start-up team creating and delivering product for HomePlug-compliant data over power line solutions.
Amateur Radio History
- 1975 – First licensed as VE3CZO in Ottawa.
Would much rather be holding a soldering iron than a microphone. An avid builder of electronic projects for radio frequency and microprocessor-based measurement and
control applications. Special interest in UHF/SHF and Amateur TV. Has also contributed to several local voice repeaters and holds the call sign for VE3TVA, the fast-scan
Member of OARC and served on the executive. Frequent winner of Home-Brew Night.
Member of QCWA and Chapter 70. QCWA “35 Years Licensed” lapel pin was presented at the Chapter 70 May 2010 dinner meeting.