National Capital Chapter 70 - Ottawa, Canada
Dave Parks - QCWA #27637
Education / Employment History
- 1968-1971 – Algonquin College – School of Business – accounting, management, economics, computer programming.
- 1971-1972 – Digital Methods Limited (Ottawa) – Computer programming
- 1972-1973 – Microsystems International (Ottawa)– Computer programming.
- 1973-1974 – Digital Methods Limited (Ottawa)- Computer programming.
- 1974-2004 – Canadian Government, Ottawa, Moncton, Toronto - various departments – Supply Management, Human Resources, Economic Development, Transportation Management, Statistics, Fisheries Research; functions – Systems Analysis, Operations Management, Project Development, Internal Audit, Project Management
- 2005-2009 - Primerica Financial Services- independent agent marketing financial services.
- 2007-2008 – Dial Tax, Inc – partner in accounting and book-keeping firm in Ottawa South
- 2007-2009 – Mex’s Fresh Cantina – partner in family-oriented Tex-Mex restaurant.
- 2008-2009 – Radio Amateurs of Canada – Treasurer (volunteer)
- 2010-2013 - Radio Amateurs of Canada – Membership Administrator
- 2012 History Major, Carleton University, Ottawa
Amateur Radio History
- 1967 - First licensed. Call signs held VE3GSA, VE1BDV, VE1UM, VE2WPQ, and now VE3AV (from home) and VA2LGQ (from Quebec cottage).
- Emergency Communications Officer (volunteer) at Moncton/Riverview/Dieppe (1982-1983)
- Member of OARC and served as Groundwave Editor (1973-1974), Secretary (1980-1981), Director (1990-1994) and Vice President (2000-2003).
- Member of QCWA and Chapter 70. Served on QCWA 2004 International Convention Organizing Committee (Talk-in). Served as Chapter 70 Treasurer (2005-2006) and President (2007-2008). Presented with QCWA “45 Years Licensed” Pin at the May 2012 dinner meeting and "50 years Licensed" Pin and Golden Certificate at the May 2017 inner meeting.
- Life member of RAC, ARRL and QCWA
- Active on HF and 6 meters – WAS, DXCC, and VUCC 6 meters