National Capital Chapter 70 - Ottawa, Canada
Robert (Bob) MacKenzie - QCWA# 33168
Education / Employment History
- 1969-1974 – McGill University – Graduated with Bachelor of Arts degree
- 1976-1979 – Acadia University – Acadia Divinity College – Graduated with Master of Divinity degree
- 1979-1983 – Pastor – Baptist Church – Renfrew, Ontario
- 1983-1991 – Mc Gill University – Faculty of Religious Studies - Graduate Student and Lecturer in Religion. Graduated with Ph D degree
- 1991-1996 – University lecturer at Concordia, McGill, French Baptist Seminary (in French)
- 1996 – Independent Financial Advisor
Amateur Radio History
- 1966 - First licensed as VE2BQK at age 15 while in high school in Montreal, Quebec. From the outset I have been interested in home-brew projects. I built a QRP rig from a magazine article, including the chassis in high school shop.
- 1967 – Advanced
- 1969-1974 – Operated the McGill University club station VE2UN while studying there.
- 1975-2005 – Largely Inactive (VE2DPW, VE1BIM, VE3MJS)
- 2005 – Now back on the air in Ontario with VA3RKM call sign.
Operate mainly QRP in contests and portable operation.
Built Elecraft K2 and K1 Transceiver kits.
Member of RAC, ARRL, WCARC, CCO, FISTS, QRP ARCI, NAQCC, OARC, OV-QRP, SKCC and Polar Bears
Enjoy experimenting with antennas, including portable antennas.
Member of QCWA and Chapter 70. Served as Director (2007-2008) and President (2009-2010).
Received QCWA “45 Years Licensed” lapel pin at the Chapter 70 May 2011 dinner meeting.